Educate Yourself when it Comes to Pre-Owned Car Shopping
An individual does not just wake up someday and go car shopping – brand new cars are easy to shop around for but pre-owned cars come with their peculiarities; you would want to know, among other things, if it is a pre-owned car being listed for sale by a private seller or a certified pre-owned plus everything it has been through on the road. So you need education before going pre-owned car shopping else you might get burnt at the dealership or at the house of the private seller down the street.
Some Education for Pre-Owned Car Shopping
- Create a budget. It is bad to go in financially blind when shopping for pre-owned cars. Just like your budget for the next iPhone release, you should also budget for this in light of what you can afford as a down payment on one hand and on the other hand, what you can afford for monthly payments and interest rates. Also, if you have a car you want to be traded in, creating a budget and using online tools will help you realize a possible trade-in figure for it and how much additional dollars you have to add to get another car.
- Reach out to a reputable dealership like NY Luxury Motors and communicate your budget, the make, year, and model of the car, and the features you are looking for to a sales representative at the dealership. Our sales representative will answer your many questions and point you in the right direction among an inventory of different car brands with similar features and close chassis looks.
- Pay more for a Certified Pre-Owned so that you can rest easy and assured.
- Find out how much miles each gallon of fuel covers. Fuel economy is crucial because you will not really like a pre-owned car that consumes a lot of fuel.
- Find out the safety features of the car as rated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). This is very important because a poorly rated car by the NHTSA will likely put you in death’s pathway on the highway or within the city; it is penny wise, pound foolish buying a pre-owned car which is not roadworthy.
- It is also good to find out how accessible parts and accessories are for the pre-owned car you want to buy, else maintenance will be a major issue for you after a few months. Find out where the car has been, the accidents it has been involved in and everything else in-between by requesting for a VIN report.
And that’s it! If you are still confused, stop by at our office 129 Hempstead Turnpike, Elmont, NY 11003 for a cup of coffee and further discourse on this before you commit money to buy a pre-owned car. Or call us at 516-673-4784 for a virtual appointment.